- the Cover Art Archive is gladly hosted on the Internet Archive servers;
- each CAA image may be served by some IA servers at random;
- some of the IA servers are reported for unknown reason to contain harmful content by Google Safe Browsing.
This issue is actually on the end of the Internet Archive and/or the Google Safe Browsing, and has been initially reported in community forum. This ticket is solely used for follow-up.
Consequences are every page that displays a CAA image may be randomly replaced with a red screen security alert, thus damaging the reputation of the website. These pages are:
- the MusicBrainz homepage (which features recent releases), see
- each of MusicBrainz release group pages;
- each of MusicBrainz release pages;
- each of MusicBrainz editing history pages;
- and other projects such as CritiqueBrainz.