Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: String instrument
Archived request from the wiki:
- Other names: N'goni, N'gone
- Wikipedia: Ngoni_(instrument)
- Family: String instruments
- Description: a plucked string instrument from West Africa, possibly an ancestor of the banjo.
- Appears on:
- The sleeve notes for release 1 credit Bassekou Kouyate with both ngoni and ngoni ba - so I must assume they are different, but I do not know how.
- Should be broken down into: N'goni, Kamale N'goni and Donso N'goni.
- Could we please get these added (as three instruments)? These are very common instruments in West Africa.