Uploaded image for project: 'MusicBrainz Server'
  1. MusicBrainz Server
  2. MBS-2072

Release added against incorrect existing tracklist, even after track removed in release editor

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

      Description

      From http://forums.musicbrainz.org/viewtopic.php?id=2706

      -----------
      I've made some edits, the results of which look odd. Starting at http://musicbrainz.org/edit/14467586. I attempted to add a release http://musicbrainz.org/release/24fe1816 ... 083b72e33d to a release group that contained just one release. The existing release had 15 tracks. The Australian release that I was adding only has 14 tracks. [edit: snip] In the editing I used the fifteen track release as the base and just deleted track fifteen. When the new release came up it still had track 15 in it. I thought I had goofed navigating tabs. Checking the "add medium" edit http://musicbrainz.org/edit/14467588 it had the correct 14 tracks, but the release shows 15 tracks.

      This looks quite borked. The edit system shows a different tracklist to what ended up in the DB. Despite the removed track, it looks like it's added the release to re-use the same tracklist as original.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                acid2 Oliver Charles
                Reporter:
                voiceinsideyou voiceinsideyou
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                0 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                  Packages

                  Version Package
                  Hot fixes, 2011-05-23