On a frequent basis people contact us with the following requests:
- Can I license track X from you?
- I would like sell you service Y.
- You are illegally distributing my music!
These requests waste our time and we should upgrade our ContactUs page. Please:
- Migrate the ContactUs wiki page to a template page.
- Remove the "Would you like to sell us some Advertising or other service?" section
- By default do no show the email addresses, instead show the text and button shown below
- If the user clicks the button, then reveal only the firstname.lastname@example.org email address in a font larger than the others.
- Below the email address show "If you disregard this agreement and contact us about one of the disallowed topics, we reserve the right to make fun of you."
- Add a redirect from ContactUs -> <new page>
The text to be shown on the bottom of the new Contact Us page:
Please do not contact us with the following topics, since we cannot help you with these topics:
- We cannot license any of the music listed in MusicBrainz, since we have neither the music itself nor the rights to license the music.
- We are not distributing any of the music listed in MusicBrainz.
- We are not interested in your advertising, SEO optimization, or software monetization services. Please do not offer us any services!
[ I agree that I will not contact you regarding the topics above ]