Affects Version/s: 2.1.3
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Lookup & Match
A song that matches a release that was deleted from the MB database keeps loading after automatic Lookup, but it does not show up when manually searching via Lookup.
I added a release and a recording to the MB database with metadata matching a song I own. (Amplifire by Skrillex and Diplo). It was previously mis-identified as belonging to another album via acoustID.
After realizing that the song was never technically released, but was indeed a recording, I tried to delete the release data and keep the recording.
I loaded the song into Picard and it matched to an unknown album. [could not load album 1db4a...etc]. I thought this was strange, since I had deleted the release and kept the recording. The MB voting process somehow had deleted the recording also.
I re-added the recording as a stand-alone recording. It shows up in the database searches online.
Picard continues to automatically lookup the deleted album's ID after I import the song.
However, when I drag the song back to the Unclustered Files (or any folder) and manually initiate the Lookup process, it does not match to anything: neither the release nor the recording.
I assume there is a cached match in Picard that is loaded. This should be invalidated and deleted, when the online data does not match it; If this is programmed this way for a reason, such as in case the internet is disconnected, then I don't know what would need to change to make this right.