Uploaded image for project: 'Picard'
  1. Picard
  2. PICARD-878

AcoustID field is not being compared on lookup

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

      Description

      I tried to search for a similar issue but couldn't find one.

      There are 2 cases of this issue.

      1. The AcoustID tag field is not being compared to MB data after the Lookup. If your AcoustID tag doesn't match any of the AcoustIDs attached to the target recording, the tag field in the right pane should indicate that it doesn't match any of the attached AcoustIDs to that particular recording. It should also update when you move the track between different recordings.

      2. The AcoustID of your file is not being compared to MB data after Scan and after you move the track between different recordings.

      Since recordings can have multiple AcoustIDs, you can't just display the "correct" AcoustID in the right pane like it is with other tags, so there would need to be a different distinction or some kind of indicator.

      Assuming your files are properly tagged, this can be useful in many cases such as:

      • figuring out if an AcoustID has been recently unlinked after performing a lookup (no need for an extra scan if you already have correct AcoustID tags)
      • you can see if your AcoustIDs still match after scanning an album and moving the files between different release versions (sometimes tracks contain extra silence or recordings are not merged and don't contain AcoustIDs at all)

      There is only 1 edge case which would need to be considered. If you have an incorrect AcoustID tag written to your file and you perform a scan, the value in the right pane is currently showing the correct value in yellow (because the two values don't match). If we added the indicator for the matching AcoustID on the MB recording, what would happen if:

      • first (incorrect tag value) matches the MB recording
      • second (correct scan value) matches the MB recording
      • neither of them matches the MB recording

      To confirm the current behavior, (for testing purposes) I edited one of my files manually and added an AcoustID from track 2 to track 3. If you look at the attached images, you can see that Picard does not indicate that the track's AcoustID doesn't match any of the AcoustIDs attached to the Track 3 (but rather it's an AcoustID attached to a Track 2).

      Basically, the goal is to know if your file's AcoustID matches one of the target recording's AcoustIDs every time you do a Lookup (if you have tags written to a file) or after a Scan and moving the files between different releases/recordings. Thanks for considering this feature!

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              Assignee:
              Unassigned Unassigned
              Reporter:
              culinko Peter Culak
              Votes:
              1 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:

                  Packages

                  Version Package