INST-630: Create clapper tree
Name: Boomwhacker, hollow plastic tubes played by either tapping them with drum sticks or tapping them against a surface.
Patent: US #5,814,747
Type of: Rhythm sticks
- http://boomwhackers.com/ <-- Official website
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomwhacker <-- Wikipedia page
- https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=EQugjr4ZJCAC&lpg=PA56&dq=boomwhacker&pg=PA56&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=boomwhacker&f=false <-- In-depth description about the instrument, from Gadget Nation: A Journey Through the Eccentric World of Invention by Steve Greenberg, page 56
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geqNaAfUo-o <-- Example use in street performance
- https://www.drumpulse.com/boomwhackers/ <-- Another in-depth article
- https://www.thomann.de/gb/boomwhackers.html <-- Shop listing
Disambiguation: Hollow plastic tubes often used in education.
Description: A boomwhacker is a hollow plastic tube that is played by either being tapped with a drum stick or being tapped against a surface. They are often used to teach students the fundamentals of tone in music. Each boomwhacker plays a separate note.
- https://www.southpaw.co.uk/ekmps/shops/7944e9/images/boomwhackers-set-of-8--1819-p.jpg <-- Full octave on white background
- https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXW5LR7tCcn0zQDrVMsip-S3mT-eVRo2oWXTRDmmwy32VuJA8tPQ <-- Two octaves on white background
- https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61GvZREIuML._SY355_.jpg <-- Set along with drum stick from Amazon listing
- http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AvO_wHyF3f4/UGyUIpCni4I/AAAAAAAAADs/RJKo7ZS4LYg/s1600/boomwhackers.JPG <-- First-graders holding boomwhackers from here