Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Right now, when I make multiple changes to a release (or anything else), that is automatically split up in different edits,... all get the one and same (possibly big) edit notes I've entered....
In some circumstances this is useful (when the edits are related) in others it just clutters up the logs.
Therefore, I'd suggest to make the edit notes page when editing release more like the real world with some additions:
- visible show all changes that would go together in one edit (perhaps put a frame around them
- for each of those edits, make an edit notes field (which will be only applied to the respective edit
- additionally make a "global" edit notes field, which applies to all resulting edits
- the two would then be concatenated for each actual edit, perhaps placing a line in between
And now the good thing
- the "global" edit note section, appended automatically to each of the per-edit edit-notes, should automatically get a line like: "Changes affecting edits #1, #2, #4:" with all the edit numbers (and links) for the other edits auto-generated from the current release-editing.
That would make it easy to describe and navigate through changes that spawn multiple edits, and still find all the related edits easily.