Uploaded image for project: 'MusicBrainz Server'
  1. MusicBrainz Server
  2. MBS-9720

Regardless disabled/enabled "Use track lengths" in track parser, done changes will not apply when there are track times.

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Normal
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: Track parser
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      What I’ve done:
      I wanted to create a new release based on this one:
      https://musicbrainz.org/release/86f6a69b-7374-4805-9d16-1bc6bc214fd5 (same release group)

      https://musicbrainz.org/release/570d8220-e558-423b-bdd4-21c4adcb7c84 (my new release)

      As the track titles from booklet differ for my new release I wanted to correct them in track parser editor as I can use there a "find & replace" browser plugin.
      I did a lot of changes for the track names and hit "Parse Tracks" button.

      All changes I made got lost whatever I tried.

      I found out that track parser takes my changes only when I disable "Use track lengths" and additionally remove all times (:) from the end of every line. Only then parsing seems to work.

      Another issue was that tracks get reordered automatically. And that although there weren’t any track numbers on start of the line (and I disabled "Lines start with a track number" and "Use track numbers"). Therefor please see:

      https://musicbrainz.org/edit/53218343

      https://musicbrainz.org/edit/53225607

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                ClæpsHydra ClæpsHydra
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                1 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:

                  Packages

                  Version Package