Uploaded image for project: 'MusicBrainz Server'
  1. MusicBrainz Server
  2. MBS-9728

Recently-added Unicode emojis can't be used in titles

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: High
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2020-04-13
    • Component/s: Edit system
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      beta.musicbrainz.org ISE's when trying to create recording with the name 🤷 (shrug emoji)
      This is replicatable: go https://beta.musicbrainz.org/recording/create?edit-recording.name=%F0%9F%A4%B7 and attempt to create this with any artist.

      error given below:

       Error:
      
      Caught exception in MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::Recording->create "The edit could not be created. Exception (MusicBrainz::Server::Exceptions::DatabaseError): 23514 DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  new row for relation "recording" violates check constraint "only_non_empty"
      DETAIL:  Failing row contains (22756618, 6bac52c7-e93e-449d-b867-89a1faa66a2f, , 514841, null, , 0, 2018-05-29 15:20:07.029602+00, f). [for Statement "INSERT INTO recording (artist_credit,name,gid,length,comment,video) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?) RETURNING id" with ParamValues: 1='514841', 2='', 3='6bac52c7-e93e-449d-b867-89a1faa66a2f', 4=undef, 5='', 6='0'] at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller.pm line 106.
       at lib/Sql.pm line 334."
      
      Stack trace:
      
          line
          line
      
      Time: 2018-05-29 15:20:07 UTC
      
      Host: b32dea456077
      
      Interface language: en
      
      URL: https://beta.musicbrainz.org/recording/create?edit-recording.name=%F0%9F%A4%B7
      
      Request data:
      
      $VAR1 = {
                'query_parameters' => {
                                        'edit-recording.name' => "\x{1f937}"
                                      },
                'body_parameters' => {
                                       'edit-recording.isrcs.0' => '',
                                       'edit-recording.artist_credit.names.0.artist.id' => '514841',
                                       'edit-recording.artist_credit.names.0.artist.name' => 'Naz a.k.a. Naz',
                                       'edit-recording.name' => "\x{1f937}",
                                       'edit-recording.length' => '',
                                       'edit-recording.comment' => '',
                                       'edit-recording.edit_note' => "\x{1f937}\x{1f937}\x{1f937}\x{1f937}\x{1f937}",
                                       'edit-recording.artist_credit.names.0.name' => 'Naz a.k.a. Naz',
                                       'edit-recording.artist_credit.names.0.join_phrase' => ''
                                     }
              };
          
      

      Was testing things on test.mb.org with reosarevok and sambav, there even a search is unhappy, but when trying to create an entity it also ISE'd.
      Also an inline artist creation with 🤷 as name also ISE'd. I thought that creation failing was odd, so I tried it on beta, here it also ISEs.
      I have not tried: Artist, release, place, label
      I have tried Series(ISE), Instrument(ISE)
      There is therefore cause to believe that the other entities will also ISEs, and that other emoji will create problem.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              Assignee:
              bitmap Michael Wiencek
              Reporter:
              zaphodbeeblebrox CatQuest, the Endeavouring Cat!
              Votes:
              3 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              7 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                  Packages

                  Version Package
                  2020-04-13