After using Picard on a complete record, an average of 50% of the files are damaged afterwards, and unplayable through anything. Not playable in Music, not from the finder, or any music editor. If I put the original back, all ok again, use Picard again on that one file, and bingo, immediately unreadable.
I've added a dropbox link to an example file that is ok. Feel free to try it out with Picard if it gets broken too.
PS: I've also changed the tag versions, hoping that that would help, but it doesn't matter which version tags I activate within Picard.
Really troubling... Happily I had a backup.