Affects Version/s: 2.3.2
Fix Version/s: 2.4
"Options > Metadata" has 2 options "Use release relationships" and "Use track relationships" that do not seem to work as documented. According to the Picard client logs, for these 2 different configurations of Picard:
- Only "Use track relationships"
- Both "Use release relationships" and "Use track relationships"
Picard sends the same webservice request:
The example release, https://musicbrainz.org/release/03555f37-df6a-4304-8456-f53be6ea128b?tport=8000, looks like this:
- Track-level producer consists of a 1 artist: 植松伸夫
- Release-level producer consists of 2 artists: 鈴木尚 and 横田洋文
If I disable "Use release relationships" but enable "Use track relationships", then Picard pulls down 3 producers: 鈴木尚; 横田洋文; 植松伸夫. I would expect Picard to exclude the release-level producers if I have disabled "release relationships".
For what it's worth, the other combinations of the checkboxes work as expected:
- If I disable both release relationships and track relationships, then Picard does not pull down anything under the Producer field.
- If I only enable "Use release relationships", then Picard only pulls down the 2 expected release-producers: 鈴木尚; 横田洋文
- If I enable both "Use release relationships" and "Use track relationships", then Picard pulls down the 3 expected producers: 鈴木尚; 横田洋文; 植松伸夫