https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Titles largely duplicates the content of the individual guidelines. This is a problem because it makes it very easy for things to get out of sync.
I think we should either merge the individual guidelines into that page or remove the guidelines from that page. I would prefer to do the former where possible, since the content of most of these guidelines is pretty short.
- 1.2 is a rephrased version of the guideline but it seems to be pretty much the same content.
- 1.3 is not quite the same wording as the linked guideline. The linked guideline has a few more sentences, plus some lines which refer to other guidelines already covered on Style/Titles, but there's nothing that makes me think it needs to be a separate page.
- 1.4 is almost exactly the same wording as the linked guideline
- 1.5 is almost exactly the same wording as the two linked guidelines. The linked guidelines have a couple more sentences clarifying certain things, but they're both short enough that it shouldn't be hard to combine them into a single section.
- 1.6 depends on what we do with
- 1.7 doesn't duplicate the guidelines right now, but looking at https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Titles/Featured_artists that's because the page is closer to a how-to page describing how to edit them, not a guideline which says how the data should be formatted. The actual guidelines of how the data should be formatted are simple enough that they would easily fit on Style/Titles and Style/Titles/Featured_artists could then just be turned into a proper how-to page.
- 1.8 is almost exactly a copy of the last paragraph of https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Titles/Extra_title_information