Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: URL relationships
Currently we distinguish purchasing relationships on artist and labels by mail order and download. This isn't a useful distinction to make there, where no mediums are involved. I'd like to propose re-organizning those relationships into a simple "purchase music" relationship.
Take CDBaby for example, where one can purchase a digital & physical versions of a release. On the artist page it would be appropriate to link to it twice because they sell both, but that is bothersome. Simplifying most "get the music" links into "purchase" or "download" would be nice.
- [URL] is the store page for [Artist]
- [Artist] has a store page at [URL]
- [URL] is the store page for [Label]
- [Label] has a store page at [URL]
- Create a "purchase music" URL relationship for Artists and Labels.
- Fold "purchase for download" and "Purchase for mail order" relationships on artists and labels into this relationship.