Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Release editor
The release group field in the release editor is being misused by people who are entering things like the release type, the release artist or just using any release group of the same name that appears in the search results. There are several things I can think of off the top of my head:
- It doesn't discourage people from using an existing release group for a new release.
- It's not clear that leaving it blank is perfectly acceptable and will create a new release group.
- It doesn't discourage using release groups by unrelated artists.
- It doesn't discourage using release groups with unrelated titles.
- There's no link to the release group so you can't even check whether the selected release group is the intended one (think generically titled v.a. releases)
- The release type and date isn't shown (the former is particularly useful when there's a single with the same name as the album)